07 April 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!

And so it is for my older brother, Kreg, and his wife, Angela. They welcomed their son into the world yesterday at 7:01PM. How very exciting for them!! Kreg called me at work yesterday and said Angela was scheduled for delivery at 5 and then I was on pins and needles until I got word of the birth early in the evening from Kortney. Kreg called again around 9 and we had a nice little chat and I was so happy for him. There was exhaustion in his voice, but I could tell he was happy and grateful that the delivery went off without a hitch. There is no name yet; Kreg and Angela want to bond with their son a little first before giving him a name that will follow him forever. I'll be anxious to see what they come up with. If they used Kevan, Patrick, or Anthony anywhere, I wouldn't object. Course if they named him after my father or one of our grandfathers, then there would be no stopping Mom's tears and Kreg's name would forever be written in stone in my parent's wills. It's exciting to be an uncle again and I am anxious to see pictures of the baby and find time and the courage to fly up and visit the new family. I am truly happy for them and continue to pray fervently for their well being, health, and happiness.
>>>>
I'm a bachelor this week. Kort took to the road with Mom over the weekend to PA for a few days. This is the first time I've been alone with both dogs for an extended period of time. So far, it seems to be working out well. I'm nowhere near as exciting and lovey-dovey with Weezie as Kortney is, so she's being a little glum while Kort's away, but she and I have our own bond and so it's business as usual. Due to some accidents in the house yesterday, I had to crate Weezie during the day today, which I hated, but didn't see any other way around. Kortney assured me she would be fine, and I am certain she will be, but I absolutely hate penning dogs (or any animal for that matter) up for long periods during the day. That's the Saint Francis in me, I guess. Evelyn has her first visit with the vet on Friday morning. That ought to be an adventure and I hope Kort will be back in town by then to help me with that trip. Ev's scratching a lot and shedding tons of hair and i worry she may have a skin irritation, although I did find 2 fleas over the weekend so that could be part of the problem. In any case, she needs to be seen formally by Gordon and her annoying scratching addressed. Other than that, she's fitting in great. She responds much better to her name now, recognizes what she's supposed to do when she's outside (make and do a poo), and isn't whining near as much as she used to. She jumped up in the chair with me for a few minutes last night and that was a break-through on its own.
>>>>
This is a short work week for me. I'm taking Thursday off and with Good Friday, I have the makings of a nice, long weekend. My initial plan was to get a ton of sleep over the long weekend, but exactly how much will depend on when Kort gets back, the dogs' schedules, social activities over the next 72 hours, and how much energy I have. I feel like I owe myself a trip to the bookstore to load up on magazines and books, so that could very well be in the offing for Thursday morning as a present to myself. We shall see.
>>>>
Ever since I smoked my celebratory cigar last night in honor of Baby Boy Sherbine, my mouth tastes like tobacco. Is this what smokers' mouths feel like all the time??? I would die. I thought teeth brushing and Listerine would take care of it, but alas, no. Hopefully, a hefty Arby's lunch will do the trick. I don't remember the taste lingering around so long when I used to smoke up back in my college days with roommates, but maybe it's because I'm older now. I don't know. Still, I enjoy a good cigar - just not the lingering aftertaste. Yuk!
>>>>
Nothing else to write so I'll end here.

No comments:

Post a Comment